The 2018-19 athletic season has concluded for NC State. Football starts in two months! See you then!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASU Tanking:

Default ASU Tanking:

I try not to bring up (coach that shall not be named) because I think we are both better off. However in light of the many articles that have been written about NCSU vs. ASU I figured I would vent a little. ASU is doing exactly what we had become all too use to while (coach that shall not be named) was here. Reading some of the ASU message boards. They are starting to understand what we tried to tell them...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I watched the game last night against Stanford, who had not won a road game in the Pac-10, I couldn't but smile to myself.

Good grief, I went to ASU's free Scout board and it is scary!
    Sounds just like a repeat of ours a few years ago.

I know exactly how you feel about it Derreck! We went down that road so often. I don't want to see Herb fail, but too many tried to make a point about Herb this season to directly infer NC State forced him out and was wrong to do so. Revisionist history of the worst type!

He quit. He wasn't fired. He wasn't asked to leave, although many of us reached the painful conclusion he should have been asked to leave.

But this is the formula of Herb. Play well early, schedule to barely reach the dance, and then settle for one or two wins and call it a successful season. It was scientific in its approach and anticeptic in its sense of emotion and satisfaction.

Ken

It only took them 3 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    It only took them 3 years....
    What part of "weaker conference" don't you understand?

Seriously!

Ken

Not what I meant Ken. I should have been more clear. My bad.

It only took them 3 years to understand why we had enough. Great starts with a good record built off playing cupcakes and a down-the-stretch fade that turns a 2 or 3 NCAA seed into a 7 or 8.

Sounds kinda like season 10 here, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Matt Nicholson; 7th March 2009 at 14:52.

Ah, my mistake! Sorry about that!

Ken

Nope, my bad. I should have been more specific. I'l try to do better in the future.

I had been reading some of those ASU vs. NCSU commentaries that were out there... I and I thought a great deal about where we are with Sid right now.

Anyway, the conclusion that I came to was that Sid may or may not be the guy -- we really don't know. It is still too early. The one thing we did know was that Herb, though decent, was not taking us to the place we wanted to be with the program. Regardless of whether Sid works out or not is irrelevant, a change had to be made.

So, seeing what ASU is going through now --- well, that tells me that the right choice was made.

Thread Information