NC State got smacked on the road 44-27 at West Virginia to fall to 2-1.

Thread: Johnson to test Draft waters (Johnson to return)

Default Johnson to test Draft waters (Johnson to return)

Johnson to test the NBA draft waters. He will go through the process but maintain NCAA eligibility.
    Last edited by Derreck; 26th May 2019 at 08:19.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

This is an intriguing situation. He was the best player on our team all season. But, I don't know that he will receive feedback that he will be in the first round of the NBA draft, and as we know, everyone drafted in round two are really little more than free agents on rental contracts, devoid of much if any security for the player. This is the right move for him to make. I just don't think he's going to receive the feedback that he will be on the round one radar.

Ken

Its looking more and more like Johnson will return to Raleigh for one more year. Johnson is young for his class (turns 21 in August) so his clock is not ticking like a lot of these guys. For example, Lacey was 23 after his Jr year, Wyatt Walker is 23. So the pressure to start making money is not there like those guys.

We will see what happens.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Johnson has made it official, he will return for his Sr. season.

Coach Avent

I think Johnson has made a very wise decision. The agents love telling these players that they can develop in the pro system as well as in college because the agents make money off all the contracts. But, there was a player named Tom Gugliotta who emerged in his senior year from seemingly out of nowhere as a role player to become first team All-ACC, and then was a solid first round lottery pick, and earned multiple NBA contracts, playing in the NBA from 1992 to 2005. He earned NBA Rookie of the Year plus an additional selection as an NBA All-Star.

So, it does happen. Agents tend to ignore such stuff!

Ken

Thread Information