#13 NC State takes two of three on the road against #15 UNC to finish the regular season with 41 wins!

Thread: Roster Updates:

Default Roster Updates:

Lets keep the roster updates on this thread:

2019-2020 Roster

Seniors:
    Walker, Bryce, Andree, Johnson

Juniors:
    Daniels, Beverly, Allen, Funderburk (Allen will R/S this year and have 2 years to play)

Sophomores:
    Harris, Hellems

Freshman:
    Lecque, Seabron, Bates
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I will say that it is sounding like Walker will forgo his Sr. season and turn pro and start playing overseas. This news will likely break today or tomorrow.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Walker out.

Makes little sense, unless it's his life ambition to play in Bulgaria. I liked WW and he gave 100% every time and that's all you can ask. But going pro? Dude, seriously.

Who keeps telling these people to turn pro? Lacey, Cat, WW, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    Walker out.

Makes little sense, unless it's his life ambition to play in Bulgaria. I liked WW and he gave 100% every time and that's all you can ask. But going pro? Dude, seriously.

Who keeps telling these people to turn pro? Lacey, Cat, WW, etc.?
    These guys have a short pro window. WW knows that he is not an NBA player but he can make darn good money over seas playing Euro Ball. Frankly, WW fits that style better than he does college/ NBA ball. He will have a decent career and make some nice money along the way. Pair that with him completing his degree, he is setting himself up nicely for life after basketball.

You brought up Lacey, dude is making like $200K a year in Italy. He plays 8 years at $200K a year average, that is $1.6MM. If he is smart with his money, and again pair that with his degree and career after bball, he is set up better than most of us could ever dream. And frankly Lacey will get better contracts each time and unless he has some unfortunate injuries he will play more that 8 years, so I could easily see him putting $3MM to $4MM in the bank by the time his career is done. NBA money, No. Better than the majority of us? Absolutely.

Coach Avent

Walker already has his degree also. So, it's not much different than if he graduated. I wish him all the best. He played his heart out for us last year.

Ken

We have picked up a few transfers that actually put our scholarship numbers at 14 currently, which means one more player has to be leaving. Once this is all settled I will do another roster update.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    We have picked up a few transfers that actually put our scholarship numbers at 14 currently, which means one more player has to be leaving. Once this is all settled I will do another roster update.
    Well, nothing like the pregnant pause before the announcement! LOL!!!

Ken

Thread Information