#13 NC State takes two of three on the road against #15 UNC to finish the regular season with 41 wins!

Thread: Bradbury selected #18 overall by Vikings

Default Bradbury selected #18 overall by Vikings

"You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I figured he would be selected first of all NC State players. His performance in the combine was particularly strong. It's a great opportunity for him, which he worked very hard to achieve.

Ken

From ESPN analyst Courtney Cronin:

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Cronin
    Why they picked him: This was their guy all along. The Vikings zeroed in on finding the help they need on the interior of the offensive line and had Bradbury on their radar for more than a year. Despite the tackles that were available to Minnesota at No. 18 (Jawaan Taylor, Andre Dillard, Cody Ford), the Vikings had their sights set on Bradbury and weren't budging despite fielding phone calls from teams interested in seeing if they wanted to trade back. "Bradbury was by far our target tonight when we got into the draft," general manager Rick Spielman said. Bradbury provides the Vikings with immediate help at the guard or center position. Without even seeing the 18th overall pick in action with his new team, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said the addition will make the offensive line "a lot better" in 2019.

Biggest question: Where does Bradbury fit? Not knowing which position the former N.C. State center/guard is going to play is a good question for the Vikings to answer over the next four months. The position flexibility Bradbury provides Minnesota will allow the offense to tinker around with its current personnel, too. After two years as an NFL center, Pat Elflein could move back to guard, the position he played for three years at Ohio State, while Bradbury fills his spot at center. Spielman noted how critical that quality was when scouting which offensive lineman this team would take. "One of the points of emphasis that we put on was guys that can play multiple positions, especially up front on the offensive line because if you do have a guy that does get hurt, you can move guys around and still be very good players," the general manager said.

Thread Information