NC State got smacked on the road 44-27 at West Virginia to fall to 2-1.

Thread: Yow Named 2019 John L. Toner Award Recipient

Default Yow Named 2019 John L. Toner Award Recipient

https://gopack.com/news/2019/6/10/ge...recipient.aspx

Congrats Dr Yow? Well deserved!

IRVING, Texas The National Football Foundation (NFF) announced that former NC State Director of Athletics Debbie Yow has been selected as the 2019 recipient of the NFF John L. Toner Award, becoming the first female recipient of the award that recognizes excellence in athletics administration.

The Toner Award is presented annually by the NFF to athletics directors who have demonstrated superior administrative abilities and shown outstanding dedication to college athletics, particularly college football. The award is named in honor of its inaugural recipient John L. Toner, former athletics director and football coach at Connecticut and NCAA President.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I'm hardly the only one, but there needs to be soon another statue or building named for her. When I consider the state of the athletic department when she took over, and the state of the department now, I truly consider her to be the best AD we've ever had at likely the most keen need for someone of excellence in that position.

Ken

Thread Information