NC State earns a valuable ACC road win at Wake Forest, winning 91-82 in a game marred by poor officiating and a very ugly ending with Jerrico Hellems stretchered off the court with 41 seconds left in the game.

Thread: Defensive Information:

Default Defensive Information:

Its looking like we will be more of a 3-3-5 Defense this year mixed in with the 4-2-5 that we have been running. I believe this is the influence of the Gibson hire. Sounds like he and Hux have worked well together thus far. I am cautiously optimistic...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

You run the defense best tailored for the talent on the field. When we had a slew of four to five NFL ready DL's it made sense to run a 4-2-5.

Now, perhaps, not as much.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    You run the defense best tailored for the talent on the field. When we had a slew of four to five NFL ready DL's it made sense to run a 4-2-5.

Now, perhaps, not as much.

Ken
    I think the 4-2-5 was more about lack of LB depth. That has been rectified the last few years. We will see both but with the talent at LB now you will see more 3-3-5. As I understand the 4-2-5 is still the base defense.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

The coaches are really high on all the talent assembled at LB. Gonna be interesting what State pulls out of the hat on D this year.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Thread Information