Defense and special teams carry the Wolfpack to a 34-23 home victory against Ball State.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: @WVU

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Well, we were flat outplayed in this one.

McKay is continuing to overthrow his receivers who have beaten defenders on go routes. Having a powerful arm isn't helpful if you don't have the touch to drop it in the basket, and McKay isn't even close on these routes. Consistently, he is overthrowing the ball by 5-10 yards. It was said he was the most accurate passer in spring scrimmage, so I have to wonder if he's putting the same force on the passes in practice as he is game time. I wondered if he unconsciously amped up during the game, and was hoping he would settle down after a few game and correct that, but not so far.

What today's result says is as much about ECU and WCU as it does about NC State. There are no more cupcakes on our schedule and several high quality opponents.

We got a true road test today, and frankly we didn't pass it!

Ken
    WVU is not a good team. They got steamrolled by Mizzou, and beat JMU by less than a TD. I believe they had less than 100 yards TOTAL rushing prior to this game.

If McKay is the best QB we have, we are in serious trouble. Not just this year, but at least another 1-2 years until we can land a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    WVU is not a good team. They got steamrolled by Mizzou, and beat JMU by less than a TD. I believe they had less than 100 yards TOTAL rushing prior to this game.

If McKay is the best QB we have, we are in serious trouble. Not just this year, but at least another 1-2 years until we can land a prospect.
    To me McKay is playing like a back-up QB. That is what he has been. Play it safe. Don't go in and throw an interception. He has all the instincts. He is not the most talented QB we have but the one who knows the offense the best. To hell with that! Put the most talented in there, take our lumps on turnovers, but someone who will deliver the ball in tight situations and give a chance to win.

Thread Information