The Saturday Night Massacre in Raleigh ended, Tigers 55 - Wolfpack 10! NC State stands at 4-5 and now has three games to salvage two wins to earn a bowl game.

Thread: GT

Default GT

Lets get it on!! 8:30 tomorrow evening in our house. Looks like we will be a little short handed for the opener as Dereon Seabron and Jerricole Hellems from what I have read are listed as "doubtful" because of injuries. DJ Funderburk is out because of suspension. Beverly and Danny Dixon sat out the 2nd have of the exhibition game because of injury but are both listed as "probable" for tomorrow night.

The injuries are a concern. However, GT lost to Bama 93-65. We should still win but I am nervous.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Markel not dressed tonight. Not good!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Markel not dressed tonight. Not good!!
    Wound up being too much... I made my post before I saw MJ was not playing...

We played well overall, IMO. GT started off in a zone and we shot them out of it pretty quick. Once the adjusted we struggled at times because we do not have a player outside of MJ who can take his man off the dribble.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Their two space eaters made all the difference in this game. They just combined to block nearly every shot made from the paint. We beat their guards and small forward like rented mules all night, but it didn't matter because of the blocked shots and influenced shots.

It was truly a game effort by a terribly depleted roster. But, ultimately, it still goes in the books as a conference loss to start the season.

I hope that Funderburk learned a powerful lesson last night! His absence made a lot of difference to the final outcome.

Ken

Thread Information