The Saturday Night Massacre in Raleigh ended, Tigers 55 - Wolfpack 10! NC State stands at 4-5 and now has three games to salvage two wins to earn a bowl game.

Thread: Clemson

Default Clemson

Well, its Clemson. Here is hoping to a better showing...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I'm almost scared to look!

Ken

I am reminded of a line from the movie "Little Giants."

"Giants, Giants"

"Help us God"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR_UnSLQXz4
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Well, it's game day, or actually game night. It's broadcast nationally on ABC at 19:30 eastern. Any thoughts that Clemson will lack motivation in this game is dispelled by the reality that the initial CFP poll relegated the undefeated Tigers to #5, just barely outside looking in at the big dance!

On paper, there is no comparison between NC State and Clemson, not this year. The hope we had was to play out of our minds, and have Clemson look past a trap road game as it looks ahead to play it's second nationally ranked team at home (#19 Wake Forest). Had Clemson come into this game in the top four, that might have happened. But, they're angry now, and wanting little more than to send a loud message to the polling groups that they deserve to be in the mix.

We have an opportunity to be that message.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Stallings; 9th November 2019 at 11:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    I am reminded of a line from the movie "Little Giants."

"Giants, Giants"

"Help us God"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR_UnSLQXz4
    Alas, there was no divine intervention. As the quote reads above the entrance to the Nellis AFB Red Flag briefing room:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flag quote
    The Race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet."
    Red Flag is he Air Force's ultimate aerial combat war game, where we flew against captured enemy equipment, and trained in the most realistic manner to hone the edge. Clemson was a far better honed weapon Saturday night than was NC State. We are not a good football team, and honestly, my personal betting line right now is that we end the season with five wins only, eking out a road victory at Georgia Tech to end the winning side of this season's ledger.

Ken

After the game I am somewhat encouraged... Now hear me out.

Offense/ Special teams put the Defense in some bad spots w/ 3 possessions starting inside the 23 yard line. Aside from that, the young bucks competed and seemed to settle down after the first quarter. There were break downs and such, but they got after it.

Knight is special. 12 Carries for 139 yards and 1 TD. Despite the poor offensive performance, Knight was a bright spot.

After Clemson was ranked 5th in the first playoff ranking, they were going to take it out against whoever the played. It just happened to be us. But Our young guys are talented and it showed in flashes Saturday.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    After the game I am somewhat encouraged... Now hear me out.

Offense/ Special teams put the Defense in some bad spots w/ 3 possessions starting inside the 23 yard line. Aside from that, the young bucks competed and seemed to settle down after the first quarter. There were break downs and such, but they got after it.

Knight is special. 12 Carries for 139 yards and 1 TD. Despite the poor offensive performance, Knight was a bright spot.

After Clemson was ranked 5th in the first playoff ranking, they were going to take it out against whoever the played. It just happened to be us. But Our young guys are talented and it showed in flashes Saturday.
    No, I agree with you -- no need to be heard out -- at least from my standpoint.

Look, Clemson's roster is loaded and they have avoided injuries. Our defense roster that started the season is about 45% out for injury.

As I wrote, we only had one hope -- for Clemson to look past us, and the CFP poll made sure that wasn't going to happen.

Ken

Thread Information