In the most shocking development in NCAA history, the 2020 basketball tournaments (men and women) are cancelled. In addition, the ACC has suspended all sports operations, including practices, games, and even recruiting events.

Thread: Wake Forest

Default Wake Forest

OK, the set up is quite succinct. If the Pack loses at home in their final regular season game, then they can kiss the Big Dance goodbye sans a remarkably deep run in the ACC Tournament. A win puts them clearly on the first four out/last four in bubble.

The difference between this year and last year is that this year the Pack has a better Quad One record and that includes a top ten win over Duke, something last year's team was unable to achieve.

Also, regardless of what anyone says, the committee will be aware of the controversy of leaving NC State out and selecting lower ranked teams on the selection criteria. Doing it again won't sit well.

It's time to take care of business!

Ken

Must win...

And to add, State has a win over Wisconsin who is #1 in the Big Ten, supposedly the best conference in the country.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Business was taken care of! NC State beat Wake on Senior Night 84-64. This puts the Pack's regular season record at 19-12 (10-10 ACC).

Apart from the win, what really pleased me was seeing Braxton Beverly play for the first time all year in a manner that impressed me during his sophomore season, when he was accurate from the three line, but also able to recognize defenders collapsing on him on the arc, and dribble past them for an easy 12 foot floater. He did that repeatedly in this game in the first half, and put the Pack at near a 20-point first half advantage. In the second half, his defense caused numerous Wake turnovers, and led to fast break points for NC State.

DJ Funderburk feasted in this game, finishing with 19 points on a blistering 8-10 shooting effort, and adding seven rebounds.

In the bigger scheme, many think the Pack needs to win one more game in the tournament to solidify their Dance resume. But, this was a must win game and the win was secured in impressive fashion.

Ken

Danny Dixon with 10 points!!! That was a classic on Senior night! He chose to come to Raleigh and play his final year of eligibility. Very evident this season that he was not a ACC caliber athlete. Yet he worked hard and gave us needed depth in the post where we needed it the most. On his night along with Markell Johnson, CJ Bryce, and Pat Andree he scores 10 points and contributed greatly in a "must win" against Wake. Thank you Danny for your hard work and contribution this season!!! Just glad Manny Bates injury is only a bruise and is expected to be at full strength for the ACC tourney lol!

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Danny Dixon with 10 points!!! That was a classic on Senior night! He chose to come to Raleigh and play his final year of eligibility. Very evident this season that he was not a ACC caliber athlete. Yet he worked hard and gave us needed depth in the post where we needed it the most. On his night along with Markell Johnson, CJ Bryce, and Pat Andree he scores 10 points and contributed greatly in a "must win" against Wake. Thank you Danny for your hard work and contribution this season!!! Just glad Manny Bates injury is only a bruise and is expected to be at full strength for the ACC tourney lol!
    Very well said!

Ken

Need 2 wins to have a shot of getting in the NCAA. Even then, I think we may need help from others.

We might need to win 3. But I think 2 could do it.

I agree 2 wins would make me feel comfortable, although not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by packinjax View Post
    I agree 2 wins would make me feel comfortable, although not certain.
    Last night the talking heads said one win in the ACCT and we are on the bubble, 2 wins and and we are likely in, depending on tournament upsets, etc. 3 wins there is no doubt we are in.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    Need 2 wins to have a shot of getting in the NCAA. Even then, I think we may need help from others.

We might need to win 3. But I think 2 could do it.
    You might be the most negative person I know. You sure you dont run statefansnation?

Coach Avent

Thread Information