In the most shocking development in NCAA history, the 2020 basketball tournaments (men and women) are cancelled. In addition, the ACC has suspended all sports operations, including practices, games, and even recruiting events.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACC Tournament

Default ACC Tournament

First up Pitt who beat Wake yesterday. Hoping this thread will stay active for a few days.

And this thread lives for at least 1 more day. Pack 73 Pitt 58. Daniels leads the way with 23 points. Usually when he has a big game we win.

Very happy that LSmith beat me to the punch! I love the full assistance of everyone!

Here is the write up on the game:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401211588

For me, I think this win should put us in the Dance, but last year at this exact time, I thought our round two victory over Clemson should have done the trick, and so did most the bracket analysts at the time. In short, last year we were snubbed. I don't think it's going to happen again. But, I base that statement on fairness, and I find myself forced more and more to admit that fairness is a character trait in rarer supply today!

There should be five ACC teams in the tournament this year, and NC State should now be that fifth team.

As it is, the Pack now advances to face Duke on Thursday in the quarterfinals.

Ken

In terms of the other teams, Duke was of course in the double bye and will face us in their opening tournament game. The other top four seeds are Louisville, Virginia, and Florida State.

In the other games today, Notre Dame beat BC 80-58, Clemson beat Miami 69-64, and the UNC versus Syracuse game is about to tip off.

The brackets have us facing #4 seed Duke, Clemson taking on top seed Florida State, Notre Dame against #2 seed Virgina, and the winner of UNC/Syracuse facing # 3 seed Louisville.

Kind of interesting how FSU got hot at the end to take the regular season crown in the conference.

One final point, if Syracuse defeats UNC, then the quarterfinals will feature all of the top eight seeded team in the tournament -- everything will have gone to script.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Very happy that LSmith beat me to the punch! I love the full assistance of everyone!

Here is the write up on the game:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401211588

For me, I think this win should put us in the Dance, but last year at this exact time, I thought our round two victory over Clemson should have done the trick, and so did most the bracket analysts at the time. In short, last year we were snubbed. I don't think it's going to happen again. But, I base that statement on fairness, and I find myself forced more and more to admit that fairness is a character trait in rarer supply today!

There should be five ACC teams in the tournament this year, and NC State should now be that fifth team.

As it is, the Pack now advances to face Duke on Thursday in the quarterfinals.

Ken
    If we do make the dance I am hearing tickets are really cheap this year.

Now the rest of the tournament is closed to fans WTF???? The tourney finally comes back to Greensboro where most Big 4 fans can attend (and I was offered tickets to the Duke game tomorrow) and they are closing the GD doors to the coliseum????

This is unprecedented in the life time of any one on this forum as far as sports and really anything else! In 1941 they moved the Rose Bowl to Wallace Wade in Durham after the Jap attack on Pearl Harbor because of the threat of the Japs attacking the West coast. Understandable. After 911 they canceled several college football games the next Saturday and canceled 1 week of the NFL. Understandable. Nearly 3000 Americans lost their lives in both the Pearl Harbor and 911 attacks!!!. Correct me if I am wrong but the latest info I am reading not 1 American has lost their lives to this virus. Over 1000 have been infected but almost with all the virus runs its course and everybody recovers and no longer contagious. World wide the death told has been about 4300 out of 7 billion people with about all deaths from people over 80 with compromised immune systems.

What the hell is happening??? I kind of joked about the NCAA tourney not allowing fans in but this hits too close to home. I got sent to the principle's office for listening to the ACC tourney while hiding a walk man radio with ear plugs under my jacket in Jr high school almost 40 years ago!!! This is crap!!!! Just is the sports industry alone billions upon billions of dollars will be lost the next month!!!!

People are being put into a full scale panic by the media. This is what happens when 80% of the media is controlled by a handful of people with a proven desire to shape society, vice just report facts.

So, they are trying to turn this virus into the second coming of the Black Death plague that killed a quarter of all Europeans hundreds of years ago. Except, the truth is about 98% of the people who contract this Coronavirus fully recover from it. Those who die are in small groups of people, those who don't get proper treatment, those who are elderly, or those with pre-existing respiratory ailments. So far in the United States just over 1,000 proven cases exist and yet only about 16 people have died -- do the math! And those are the facts!

"For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through many sorrows." -- 1 Timothy 6:10

What the media instead is doing is feverishly (literally) reporting the numbers of people worldwide who have died. What they are avoiding telling you are the worldwide numbers of people who die every year on average from the seasonal flu, which is vastly more.

I favor temporary travel bans from countries that failed to control this viral outbreak, primarily China. But, these more recent steps just are not medically indicated.

The CDC lists the flu virus as having in America a mortality rate of 0.1% and as I documented above this Coronavirus has a mortality rate of about 1.8%. Worthy of smart action, but entirely unworthy of hyper partisan and politicized fear mongering, and media social shaping.

Ken

Canceled!!!!

Yep, per ACC bylaws, FSU is your champion.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Yep, per ACC bylaws, FSU is your champion.
    Speechless!

Thread Information