The rancid and self-immolating atmosphere within collegiate athletics is now undeniable, and frankly is threatening to destroy athletics. Nothing kills a team faster than rancor within the locker room.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/colle...ter-jesus-quit

At Illinois State, the situation has already hit critical mass, causing the offensive coordinator to abruptly leave the team. Kurt Beathard had a BLM poster placed on his office door, likely by one of the players. This was done soon after other players went on public record criticizing the school's president, after the president said, "All Redbird lives matter." The team name of Illinois State is the Redbirds.

Beathard's final communication to the team as offensive coordinator was a note that he placed on his door after he took the BLM poster down. The note read, "All Lives Matter to Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ." The team initially has chosen to avoid any comment on why their coach left the team, but the team did put out a previous statement that someone took down a BLM poster in the team's locker room. In response to that statement, Beathard told the media, "That locker room crap is wrong. I took the sign down that somebody put on my door. That's it. I didn't take anything off that wasn't put on my door. I wrote the message."

I have watched a few ACC games, and so far I have noted that only one ACC team has decided to make an overt reference to the political group BLM. Sadly, that team is the NC State football team, who has affixed to their jerseys a patch that uses the BLM logo, which is a clinched fist raised up. BLM is a group that until very recently, posted on their official website, their desire to break apart the nuclear family, and pursue a strategy of Marxism in the United States. Only a fool choses to associate with an organization without first determining the values of said organization.

When a team chooses to focus on matters not related to excellence on the field, then it is very easy for it to loose focus and incur disharmony. I suspect some of the issues seen in the Wolfpack's first two games are rooted in some less than ideal locker room chemistry. We know that at least one team, Illinois State, is already suffering tremendously in that regard.

The Bible is very clear on this point. It says we are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. It does not apply a litmus test to that concept, of any sort. So, when that reality is challenged, those challenging it are operating on a weak foundation, and threaten to destabilize a great deal of morality, and substitute it with self-destructive outcomes.

Ken