NC State had the halftime lead against #8 Florida State, but the Noles went to the zone in the second half and pulled away to win 67-61.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oblinger Resigns!

Default Oblinger Resigns!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5303995/

It's a great day to be a Wolfpack Sports fan.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Nice parachute clause:

"Dr. Jim Oblinger has shared with me his decision to resign as chancellor of North Carolina State University, effective immediately," Bowles wrote in the memo. "I have accepted that decision with considerable sadness, but agree fully with Jim?s conclusion that it would be in the best interest of N.C. State and the entire university for him to step down as chancellor and return to the faculty."

Unbelievable.

Easly has now been fired.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

What's basically happened is everyone connected to the decision to hire the governor's wife is sacked. I think it's a good step toward integrity. Now if Governor Easely himself is impeached for it that would be the ultimate step toward sending a message that being the wife of a inluential person isn't a reason to hire them!

Ken

Prowling Woofie

Guys, the problem behind the scenes is that these folks will continue to draw outrageous amounts of money for cooling their heels - Oblinger gets at least 6 more months of Chancellor pay, Nielsen gets who knows how many more months (6 months to 3 years?) of his bonus pay, and I'm guessing Mrs. Sleazley will walk away with most of her $850K contract before it's all said and done.

Face it, the Weasley organization absolutely fleeced the university (state, taxpayers, etc.) and will laugh all the way to their retirement communities at the beach.

On the positive side, if we can get Tarhole Bowles out of the picture, perhaps State can actually bring in a Chancellor that will search for and hire a REAL Athletic Director !

What a wonderful day!

I hope the new chancellor likes sports. If he/she does, Folwer is done....

Quote Originally Posted by Prowling Woofie View Post
    Guys, the problem behind the scenes is that these folks will continue to draw outrageous amounts of money for cooling their heels - Oblinger gets at least 6 more months of Chancellor pay, Nielsen gets who knows how many more months (6 months to 3 years?) of his bonus pay, and I'm guessing Mrs. Sleazley will walk away with most of her $850K contract before it's all said and done.

Face it, the Weasley organization absolutely fleeced the university (state, taxpayers, etc.) and will laugh all the way to their retirement communities at the beach.

On the positive side, if we can get Tarhole Bowles out of the picture, perhaps State can actually bring in a Chancellor that will search for and hire a REAL Athletic Director !
    I don't even think it's behind the scenes. The severance packages are public record, especially Neilson's and Oblinger's. With regard to Easley's, well who knows?

I agree fully that's what's really needed is a criminal investigation of the former governor and his wife.

Ken

Easley's job duties were eliminated due to budget cuts. The board decided to terminate her contract. I don't think she will be receiving the balance of her inflated contract. It also looks like Bowles was smart enough to distance himself from this scandal just like he did when he was chief of staff for Clinton.

Mary Easley gets nothing!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2972/story/1565937.html

I'm so very pleasantly surprised by this decision. It is very bold and filled with integrity. The core person in this hiring scandal is simply fired and has no severance whatsoever!

Now if the former governor would be impeached for his role in pressuring this hiring, then I'd really have my faith in government restored. But I really know that is too much to ask for.

Ken

What's that smell?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/797559.html

Smells like a coverup...

Thread Information