NC State had the halftime lead against #8 Florida State, but the Noles went to the zone in the second half and pulled away to win 67-61.

Thread: More issues turning up at Memphis?

Default More issues turning up at Memphis?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4233718

So it looks like it was not just Rose...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

There are some coaches who when faced with a moment of decision, chose to do the moral thing. There are other coaches when faced with that decision, chose to do the expedient thing.

Is there really any doubt which way Calipari chooses?

I say again. The man left NC State at the altar after verbally agreeing to coach here and then took that offer to Memphis and immediately negotiated an improved contract with them. Does this not indicate the man's lack of moral integrity?

Nothing about Calipari surprises me. Nor does it surprise me he's still a coach in Div-1A. The NCAA smacks schools with sanctions, but it seems some schools inadequately demand excellence from their coaches, except with wins and loses, or at least revenues earned.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4233718

So it looks like it was not just Rose...
    Seems it was Georgia that decided to pull out the offer based on the test scores. Calipari gave a kid he had recruited, before the kid signed an LOI with Georgia, another chance. The kid graduated in May after having a nice four year college career.

ESPN just seems to be wanting to ***** Calipari for the sake of screwing the man.

I'm surprised NCSU alums are lining up in support of ESPN trying to stir the put with unfounded allegations of wrong doing. I'd think NCSU alums would know the difference between the appearance of impropriety and an actual impropriety. Appearances can be fanned by the media and may not be based on any actual facts and come from a lot of rumor mongering.

Don't agree, Gene. Nothing unfounded about what's being reported. The original SAT score was invalidated because of strong evidence that an imposter took the test. That's fraud. It's not merely an NCAA violation, it's a legal violation.

Doesn't matter he graduated from college. Having someone else take your SAT is a decision unethical enough than even a 17-year old knows better.

Ken

Ken,

What you said about Cal and using the offer from us to get a new deal is correct but, it happens in college BB all the time.

You can get upset if you like but, it's common practice.

Interesting that Cal was an assistant under Larry Brown and that Brown was also known for "bending the rules."
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by gjones1968 View Post
    Ken,

What you said about Cal and using the offer from us to get a new deal is correct but, it happens in college BB all the time.

You can get upset if you like but, it's common practice.
    Interviewing for a job is done all the time. Telling the new school you've accepted the position, then get on the jet and fly to an immediate renegotiation with your old school is NOT done all the time.

As much as we like to blame Fowler for that public humiliation, it was really the fault of Calipari, who boldly lied to our school's AD.

Ken

He lied to his own AD too but, some coaches will do that to get a sweeter deal at their respective universities. I don't like it either but, it's nothing new in the world of sports.

Thread Information