NC State makes it three in a row, beating Boston College at home 82-66.
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Recruiting update:

Well, available scholarship or not, the Pack just signed another player for next year. The top rated JUCO player this year, Derek Funderburk (6'9" center) will play for the Pack next season with 3 years of eligibility remaining. He was a 4 start player out of Hargrave (played with Braxton Beverly and for Asst Coach AW Hamilton) signed by Ohio State. He redshirted his first season and was dismissed from the team for “failure to meet team expectations”. No details available about that. This year he is playing for JUCO Northwest Florida State College. When signed by Ohio State he was the 49th ranked recruit of that class. He's a big addition to the class in more ways than one. The question remains how Keatts will handle the scholarship issue.

Yea, this seemed out of left field. No real discussion on him anywhere but glad to have him. He is the #1 ranked JUCO player in the nation. I guess Keatts feels there will be some attrition after the season.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Is he any relation to Lawrence Funderburk?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Is he any relation to Lawrence Funderburk?

Ken
    Actually, No, he is not.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

4-star (6' 3") point guard Blake Harris will transfer from Missouri to NC State. He will enroll in spring classes this year and have to sit through fall of next year, but be eligible to play about this time next year.

Harris played HS ball at Word of God Academy in Raleigh. He was recruited by Keatts for UNCW and not really recruited by any local ACC coaches. When Keatts came to State he tried to snag him, but it was too late. Apparently, he wasn't happy with his decision to go to Missouri and Keatts got him back in for an official visit and he committed right away.

We should have no shortage of point guards for at least the next two years.

With the likelihood that Yertseven and Abu will both leave for the professional ranks next year, we may need to focus more now on bigs.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    With the likelihood that Yertseven and Abu will both leave for the professional ranks next year, we may need to focus more now on bigs.

Ken
    Bates and Steere are both 6-9 power forwards. Funderburk is also 6-9 but a little lighter and plays more small forward. Bey is a 6-7 small forward. Funderburk should make an immediate impact. If Hicks is healthy we should be ok with our bigs but I agree we will have more than enough guards.

We will be tight on schollys.

Gone: Abu, L Freeman, A Freeman, Hunt, and likely Yert

Incoming: Bates, Steere, Funderburk, Bey, Hellems, Harris, and red shirts Bryce, and Daniels

Returning: Beverly, Batts, Johnson, Dorin, Hicks, and Newman.

Take away walk on Newman and that is the maximum 13 schollys. Dorn will be the only senior next year so that will leave us only one for 2019 if everyone returns.

Thread Information