The 2018-19 athletic season has concluded for NC State. Football starts in two months! See you then!
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting update:

Calimari will pull a coup and get stacked for next year if everyone leaves. Not to worry...

ESPN is reporting that five Kentucky underclassmen have declared their intentions to join the NBA draft, and all are projected to go in the first round and Wall to be the #1 overall pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=5064967

The list includes Wall, Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, and Daniel Orton (all freshmen) and junior Patrick Patterson.

So, if your theory is right, Derreck, our odds of signing CJ Leslie just improved!

Ken

BTW: Wonder how many classes these four freshmen attended?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    Calimari will pull a coup and get stacked for next year if everyone leaves. Not to worry...
    I don't think that's true, Matt -- at least not for next season.

I just looked at the prospects list for Kentucky's 2010 class and except for CJ Leslie, it's pretty thin. Terrence Jones is the only other five-star recruit on their radar scope and he's listed as a medium interest.

But the news gets worse. After Leslie and Jones the Wildcats have absolutely no significant talent on their list. Elijah Pittman is a two-star and after that DeAndre Daniels has zero stars (neither is ranked).

Calipari is going to lose a hell of a lot more than he's got coming in. In fact, with this kind of exodus, I predict his team won't make the NCAA Tournament next season, and if the NCAA jumps in on John Wall's association with the Clifton brothers as agents and slap sanctions on the program, Calipari will be soon without a job.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Stallings; 8th April 2010 at 13:40.

Let's assume an optimistic pose at this time.

If we get CJ added to this upcoming class, then here is what I think of the additions to the team...

CJ Leslie is the perfect post player compliment to Tracy Smith. Smith is an excellent low post player with his back to the basket, and he passes very well to open perimeter shooters. Well, Leslie has a very good perimeter shot and is very athletic with excellent ball handling skills. This means he can work on the wing and let Tracy do his stuff.

Ryan Harrow is the point guard we've been looking for these last several years. No question that's the void we need filling the worse. Javi Gonzalez is coming to his senior season and will play until Harrow demonstrates he is ready to lead this team. Then, Javi is the backup. I think Javi can fill that role very nicely and add a lot of spark when he comes in.

Lorenzo Brown is a combo guard and if his shot is good, then he can slot with Scott Wood and give us a deep perimeter threat.

The difference between now and when JJ Hickson came in is that Tracy Smith will be a senior and he has shown a significant degree of leadership on the team.

You know, call me silly but I think we've got a good chance to get Leslie back in the fold and I think he's the perfect compliment to Smith. Get Wood the open spot looks he needs and I think next year's team could be very dangerous.

Ken

I would think Leslie would goto UK now. I say that because playing time wouldn't be an issue.

Plus UK will be fine. They are the winningest program in college basketball. That being the case, recruits will find you, you don't have to find them.

Leslie might have more success here but, the lure of playing time at UK might be too much to pass up.

Banned

Does anybody know if there's been any contact with Marcus Thornton ? Didn't know if he was a pal of Harrow's or not... He's Mr Basketball in GA, a Clemson recruit, but has asked for a release from his letter due to Purnell's departure. 6-7, 200 and was also offered by WFU, MD, VT. Scout.com has him as a 3-Star recruit, #34 SF.

I don't think that's true, Matt
    Think again. Kentucky just landed Brandon Knight (#1 ranked PG in the country) for next year, and got a verbal from the #1 Junior. If Leslie commits to UK, expect them to be preseason top10.

Calamari WILL be loaded...

When is CJ going to decide? I think he cancelled once saying he was going to visit Florida. Florida cancelled the visit. Guess Billy D got fed up with him. Sid need this guy to sign to pump up his recruiting rep.
    Contributing to global warming one breath at a time.

I would not think CJL will take too much longer to decide.

On another note,Tashawn Mabry will be here on an unofficial visit on Thursday.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Thread Information