NC State earns a huge road win at Virginia 53-51, to grab sole possession of fourth place in the ACC, with a 14-5 (5-3 ACC) record.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Tourney

Default ACC Tourney

We didn't finish dead last as was predicted (11th... yeaaaaa).

The good news, we've played the better teams in the ACC well this year so if we can make it to the 2nd day of the tournament, we stand a chance of making to the finals. Also this is the weakest ACC conference in years so any team could win it, why nit us this time.

The bad news, our guard play has been so inconsistent that when we've been bad, we really are the worst team in the ACC. Also, to win it all we have to play 4 straight days to win it all.

Anyway, go Pack, bring home a championship for an eager fanbase starved for a banner.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Prowling Woofie

Wake beats Clemson, so we get to start by beating the Tigers Thursday.

C'mon, Pack - give me a great birthday present...

If we beat Clemson we have FSU on Friday so I think we have a good shot to make it to Saturday if we execute. I think we will at least need to be playing on Saturday to get a NIT bid.

I think we need to make it to Sunday to get an NIT bid. For example, College of Charleston was upset in their conference tourney, so if they don't get an NCAA at-large bid they will automatically get an NIT bid.

The NIT started handing out automatic bids for mid-majors, who won their conference in the regular season, but lose in their tournament.

Mid-major tourney upsets can crowd us out.

Also, we're 11th in the ACC and the ACC isn't going to get that many teams into the NCAA's this year. I think the Big East may set a record for teams invited from one conference, because the ACC and Pac-10 are down.

Basically we have to prove we're "better" than the 10th to 5th place teams in our conference, because I honestly don't see the ACC getting more than 4 team in this year, especially with the relatively poor showing our conference has had in the NCAA's the last few years and last year with pretty much no one, of 7 teams invited to the NCAA's, advancing beyond the opening weekend doesn't help state our conference's case for getting many at-large bids again this year.

On the bright side, we face the trapping Tigers with fresh legs. Hope that helps.

Prowling Woofie

And ODU beat William & Mary, so there's another NIT bid gone in all likelihood...

why nit us this time
    Don't know if this typo was accidental or intentional. Either way, its pretty funny...

I think we'll be in the NIT right now. I think the ACC will get seven in the NCAA tournament field. We are tied for ninth in the league. So, I think all three of the tied ACC teams will go to the NIT.

Ken

State will have to win at least 1 game in tournament to get an NIT bid. Too many teams in other conferences with better RPI rankings. This team has the potential to play on Sat. Smith has been consistant inside all year. CJ has been a big surprise the last few games. If State can get some confidence on the outside and limit TOs, they have a chance to play on Sat.
    Contributing to global warming one breath at a time.

Crap on the NIT, we are going to win the ACC Tourney and go dancing!
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    Don't know if this typo was accidental or intentional. Either way, its pretty funny...
    Actually Matt it was a typo, but glad it was funny. I aim to please .

With ya 100% Derreck. Let's win the ACC Crown and go dancin. One time pigs would fly and elephants would win the Indy 500 before we'd win one championship. Might as well be this one.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Thread Information